Saturday, April 18, 2015

Altered Hair Clip


One again this month I did something totally out of the box. This time the theme at unstampabelles is to make something implying  “Oh Baby!” Well, you can make a baby themed project or use the expression how you wish!  It is the Easter period so guess you could also use Easter babies! However, you can create anything to do with Babies! Including baby animals if you wish.

The twist is to make a non-traditional styled project for a baby.

 

So I’ve decided to make the best of the theme and alter hair clips for a baby girl.

I started with a simply black clip, stuck white foam cut out  (as per the measurement of the clip ), coated it with modelling paste to create a smooth / flat texture and stuck checked printed paper onto it. Once done I simply wrote “Happy” on it using my stash of transfer stickers. The baby bear is a die cut I have been hoarding for some time. I layered It on the back with a foam sheet and its done. For a final touch I coated it with a matt finish clear mod podge which created magic!!

 

Hope you liked it…Am planning to make more like these (with my stash of epoxy stickers this time)
 

 

2 comments: